Details: This poster is of Schwabisch Hall, General View, by Johann Friedrich Franz Graeter. It shows a drawing of the town and its layout.
Schwäbisch Hall (or Hall for short) is a town in the German state of Baden-Württemberg; it is the capital of the district of Schwäbisch Hall. The town is located in the valley of the river Kocher in the north-eastern part of Baden-Württemberg. Today, about 36,000 people live in Hall. The most probable origin of the name Hall is a west Germanic word family that means drying something by heating it . It refers to the method to produce salt by heating salty groundwater. Salt was distilled by the Celts at the site of Hall as early as the fifth century. The village probably belonged first to the Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg and went from them to the Imperial house of Hohenstaufen (ca 1116). Since 1204 it has been called a town.
This poster is usually printed with a thin white edge border.